Hello Super Cute!
This is an introduction to one of the most spectacular tools that exist in the world of crafts, the Sizzix die-cutting machines, created by the Ellison company.
Join me to know the characteristics that I have discovered of each of these wonderful elements of art so that you understand, Why You Should Have One?!
What is the Sixxiz Line?
The Sizzix line corresponds to a series of die-cutting, embossing and engraving machines, and their accessories. They are specifically made to help you create handicrafts in a practical, fast, and stylish way, therefore they make your creations, even if you are not an expert in the field, pleasing to all eyes and transmit feelings to your loved ones.
What Are Sizzix Die Cutting Machines Used For?
What are the Sizzix Die-Cutting Machines for? They are used to make endless crafts and DIY projects such as cards, invitations, diaries, notebooks, photo albums or accordions, envelopes, boxes, home decoration, jewelry, decoration or stamping textile,s and much more!
The Sizzix line is multifunctional since it allows you to carry out die-cutting activities (cuts with predetermined shapes), embossing (generating an embossment on materials), and engraving or stamping (marking a figure on a material) with a single machine.
It allows you to replace multiple tools such as scissors, guillotines, scalpels, etc., achieves creations that would not be so fast and easy with them, generates beautiful results, with very fine finishes, and, therefore, in less time than it would usually take, even in comparison with other craft machines available on the market.
What Materials Can You Use in Sizzix Die Cutting Machines?
Sizzix die cutting machines allow you to use a wide variety of materials such as:
- Adhesive Vinyl
- Heat Transfer Vinyl (HTV)
- Copy Paper
- Bond Paper
- Patterned Paper/Scrapbook Paper
- Metallic Paper
- Glossy Paper
- Crepe Paper
- Aluminum Foil
- Watercolor Paper
- Parchment Paper
- Wood or Kraft Paper
- Adhesive Paper
- Magnetic Paper
- Cork Paper
- EVA foam
- Balso Sheets up to 2 mm or Pressed Wood
- Cotton or Linen Fabric
- Vellum (thin leather)
- Thin Sheet Metal and More…
What do you think of this, fascinating isn’t it?!
Is it Worth Buying a Sizzix Die Cutting Machine?
It is a tool that enhances the creative personality of those who enjoy the art of crafts. Sizzix die-cutting machines have a wide range of accessories and design possibilities, which will mean that, once you start using them, you will not want to stop.
In addition, its multifunctionality opens a huge door of possibilities in areas such as card making, invitations, notebooks, diaries, notebooks, photo albums, gifts, gift packaging, decoration of spaces, textiles, jewelry and everything that your inspiration takes you. to create.
What Sizzix Die Cutting Machines Are There and What Are Their Features?
Very well, now that you know what the Sizzix line is, I invite you to review what Sizzix die-cutting machine references exist and what their characteristics are so that you can define which one you like best according to your preferences and needs.
Do not worry if, at first, you do not understand the boxes that explain the compatibility of each of the machines with the die cuts, folders and accesories, for this reason in supercutecrafts.com, you will also find the tutorials available where I explain more specific details about each of these, their characteristics, and their uses.
Sizzix Die Cutting Machines vs Cutting Plotter
There is now a wide range of choices when it comes to crafting tools, for example, Sizzix die-cutting machines and the most direct “competition”, cutting plotter machines like the Silhouette Cameo.
I am going to describe the main differences between these two types of die-cutting machines:
- Sizzix die-cutting and embossing machines offer better embossing quality, even with folders that allow you to create 3D embossing, some of the other embossing machines also allow it but not in the same quality and definition.
- The Sizzix line allows you to handle more than 30 types of materials other than paper and EVA foam.
- Production time is reduced since, depending on the thickness of the material you are using, you can cut multiple sheets at once. For example, if you use blog paper or cardstock you can cut several sheets at the same time.
Sizzix Die Cutting Machines Do Not Require Software!
- To operate the Sizzix line, you do not need a computer, just the machine and its accessories, in addition, most of the Sizzix line references do not require a power source for their operation since they are operated manually.
- Cutting plotters, such as the Silhouette Cameo, require a training process in the use of the software through which you download, buy or develop the design you want to obtain, then the machine cuts the material you have. This supposes an investment of time in training and in the elaboration of the design.
- The cutting plotter software, initially, offers you free access to some designs, but to have access to new designs an additional payment is needed. In addition to obtaining a more advanced version of the software, you must also pay an additional value.
In a matter of Costs...
In conclusion, it should be noted that both machines are wonderful and have similar functions, but with great differences that make them unique and special.
I hope you enjoyed this article as much as I did, it took me over 36 hours to make it and I put all my love into it to make sure you understand everything!
¡Ey! ¿Sabes que en supercutecrafts.com encuentras muchísimos artículos sobre manejo e inspiración con la línea Sizzix para que hagas infinidad de Super Cute Crafts?
Por favor explóralos y disfruta de ellos… ¡Son 100% gratuitos para todos mis Super Cutes!
Puedes realizar estampado textil, cojines, decoración de tazas, cuadros, pancartas, tarjetas, bisutería, pegatinas y más!
¡No te los puedes perder!